Since being named a finalist for the 2012 Lipman Family Prize, MedShare has continued to bridge the gap between medical surplus and need. Highlighted successes for 2012-2013 include:
- As part of its partnership with Wharton, MedShare will begin work with a Field Application Project in which a team of 5-6 MBA students will explore the viability of global expansion as MedShare works to enhance its model in regions including Central America, East Africa, West Africa, and Southeast Asia. In addition, Chuck Haupt, Executive Director of MedShare’s Western Region attended a Wharton Executive Education class in October of 2012.
- MedShare now ships medical supplies to 93 countries (an increase of 5 since 2012) through the help of 17,000 annual volunteers.
- MedShare’s Board of Trustees approved the signing of a 6-year lease for an expanded facility in Northern California to keep up with demand for increased services from MedShare’s Western Region Distribution Center.
- In July 2012, MedShare announced a partnership with MAP International. MedShare and MAP will support and enhance one another through joint container projects that will include MedShare consumables and MAP pharmaceuticals.
- MedShare was named as a regional finalist in the CLASSY Awards. The CLASSY Awards is the largest philanthropic awards ceremony in the country, celebrating the greatest charitable achievements by nonprofit organizations, socially conscious businesses, and individuals worldwide.
- MedShare was selected to receive Acterra’s 2012 Business Environmental Award. Acterra’s Business Environmental Awards are one of the San Francisco Bay area’s oldest and most prestigious environmental recognition programs.