Not for Sale has supported over 3600 men, women, and children out of situations of exploitation in over 50 countries, of whom approximately 68% are female and 86% are below the age of 25.
1/3 of survivors are individuals rescued from the sex trade and a less but still significant percentage are rescued from forced begging and bonded labor.
In 2012, 302 individuals from 46 countries were rescued from the hands of traffickers and supported through recovery and rehabilitation services. Other accomplishments in 2012 include:
- 205 individuals were supported through legal advocacy
- NFS provided 5,701 total services to 1,450 beneficiaries
- 453 individuals enrolled in formal education and overall, Not For Sale’s education services scaled by over 230% from 2011 to 2012.
- 324 individuals enrolled in skill-development programs, a 125% increase from 2011.
- 155 individuals entered long-term dignified employment or established the tools to develop their own business.